If you collect coins, then you are aware that there are many types and styles of coin holders available on the market. Coin holders are available in everything from traditional coin wrappers to coin capsules, cardboard coin holders and much more. Here are the top ten things you need to know about coin holders.
1. Coin Supply Planet carries a healthy variety of coin holders including coin capsules, coin wrappers, coin folders, coin tubes, coin cases, coin binders, coin pages, coin flips and coin boxes.
2. Coin holders are available in a varying degree of protection. Plastic coin holders will offer more protection for your precious coins than cardboard holders.
3. Some coin holders are only safe for short-term use. For long-term storage, you will be better off utilizing plastic coin holders.
4. Coin holders are available in a variety of shapes and sizes. Coins come in many shapes and sizes, for optimal storage you will want to discover a holder that best fits the coin.
5. There are specially made envelopes utilized to hold coins. The drawback to these envelopes is you must take the coins out in order to view them.
6. Plastic tubes are ideal if you have several coins the same size. These tubes are designed to hold rolled coins, it protects them by keeping them from moving around.
7. Coin folders are a great way to store coins for the beginner. Folders are an inexpensive and fun way to hold your coins.
8. Flips are small, see-through plastic holders that are usually two inches square when folded. Many flips have a separate space to place a small card with the description of the coin.
9. Two by Twos are small cardboard holders with cellophane windows. Don’t put full trust in the name as these holders do come in a variety of sizes.
10. Coin holders should be utilized for all the coins in your collection. Keep your coins safe from the elements and accidents, you wouldn’t want your 1916-D dime to suffer damage.
As you can see, there is a coin holder for every need. Now, you don’t have any excuses for not properly protecting your coin collection. Come and discover which type of coin holder will best serve your specific needs.